What is TOP Soccer?
A community based soccer program that is designed to meet the needs of children aged 4-19 years with physical and/or mental disabilities. The program is geared toward player development. Athletes are placed on teams according to ability not age.
Who Plays in TOP Soccer?
Any child with a disability including but not limited to: A.D.D., Autism, Hearing Impaired, Sight Impaired, Cerebral Palsy, Traumatic Brain Injury, Cystic Fibrosis, Downs Syndrome, Multiple Sclerosis, Muscular Dystrophy, Seizure Disorder and Spinal bifida. If you have a question about your athlete and whether this program fits their needs, contact our TOP Soccer Coordinators.
Sense of belonging, value of being part of a team
Improved self-esteem, fitness and social skills
Success based upon ability
2009 Fall Season Information
Registration closed at the end of August - in order to register you need: (1) a check for $35 payable to "SCYSL" (financial aid available upon request), and (2) some players may also be required to get permission from their doctor before they begin practice
- The season will begin with a BBQ Play Date: Friday, August 28, 2009 at 5:30pm
- There will be practice one day a week at Carden school in Santa Clara
- The season will begin on Saturday, September 12, 2009
- There will be games every Saturday until November (game times will vary)
- Games will be held at Curtis Field in Santa Clara
SCYSL TOP Soccer Co-Founders
Tricia Biocini at TBiocini@aol.com
Noelle Boccignone at email@example.com 408-244-2030