The Santa Clara Youth Soccer League is searching for new Board of Directors members for the up-coming season. The SCYSL relies on volunteer board members to help manage and run the league. Please take a moment and see if you are able to step forward to help the children in our league. As a volunteer run organization, we rely on our members to make this league great!
- U12+ Age Group Coordinator - this person manages the U12+ boys and girls cross-league teams. After players register for the up-coming season, this age group coordinator will form teams and place players on teams. He/she will work with team coaches/managers to place uniform and equipment orders, then distribute team gear. The coordinator will also work with other leagues to schedule games, then distribute awards at the end of the soccer season. The bulk of the work happens between August-November, and the remainder of the year it's pretty quiet.
- Photo Coordinator - this person manages the relationship between our league and the professional photographer partner that takes our annual photographs in September. This person will work with our photographer vendor to schedule and coordinate the league's photosession day held once a year. You will coordinate with our age group coordinators to distribute the photos after they arrive.
- Volunteer Coordinator - this person will coordinate parent volunteers. Work with our marketing/webmaster to promote available volunteer jobs, schedule parent volunteers and assist them in the collection of their Volunteer Participation Program (VPP) refund. All the VPP forms and instructions are available online but some parents may have a few questions. The main volunteer opportunities take place in May (Fall season registration), and in August-September (field prep and photo day).
- Treasurer/SCYSL executive position - provide monthly financial reports to the Board. Accounting experience is preferred for this position, but not required as we have a bookkeeper.
- Website/Marketing Coordinator - this person will manage the league's website and communications. Manage monthly updates to the website and send email communications to the SCYSL membership. Familiarity to the Constant Contact email solution and Demosphere (website content management) system are preferred, but not required as long as you are comfortable with blogging and photo editing.
If you are interested in any of these positions please contact Matt Heintz, SCYSL President at firstname.lastname@example.org