2014-15 SCYSL Soccer Registration
The Santa Clara Youth Soccer League provides both Online Registration and Walk-up Registration for:
- 2014 Recreational Soccer for Boys and Girls from ages Under 5 to Under 16
- 2014-15 Cal-North (CYSA) Registration for Santa Clara Youth and Santa Clara Sporting Competitive Players (boys and girls) from ages U8-U18
- SCYSL Top Soccer Program
- Adult Volunteers (Coaches and Team Managers) - completion and approval of a Background Check is mandatory before a coaching license can be issued.
Online Registration Instructions - Cal-North changed their online registration system again, so EVERYONE must create a NEW account.
1) Follow the steps below to Create a New Account.
2) If your son/daughter was registered last year in Cal-North/CYSA, the system will recognize your family members after an account has been created and take you through the registration process.
3) The SCYSL Parent Code of Conduct is now an electronic document to read and agree prior to completing registration. You have the option to print that document.
4) The Cal-North/CYSA Medical Release 1601 Form is a now an electronic document to read and agree prior to completing registration.
5) The "Out of County" registration fee selection = Non-Santa Clara residents.
6) "Playing-Up" - if you would like to request for your child to "play-up" an age group, please submit your request during the registration process. If you child is born between August 1-December 1, and not held back in school, your child will need to "Play-up" 1 year in age to play with classmates who are born before Aug 1st of the same year.
7) "Buddy Request" - complete the buddy request form during registration to submit a request for your child to play on a soccer team with a specific player/adult.
8) New Player Registration Requirement - If your son/daughter is playing in the U11 and older age group, and registering to play in the Santa Clara Youth Soccer League or a Santa Clara Sporting Team for the first time, you are required to finish the two items below to complete registration.
a) upload a player photo (head shot without hat or sunglasses, and file size less then 2MB)
b) upload a copy of your child's birth certificate to complete registration.
* You may go back and complete these steps if you created an account but did not finish registration.
Step 1 - click the "Registration" button to get started.
Step 2 - Click the "Create New Account" button to create a new Affinity Network registration account. Then follow the simple steps to register one or many members of your household. You can always return later to register another player or adult by logging into your account.
Register at Walk-up Registration
Walk-up Registration Location: Maywood Park Building, 3300 Prunridge Avenue, Santa Clara, 95055
- Saturday, May 24th from 4pm-7pm
- Saturday, June 7th from 1pm-4pm
- Download Registration Flyer if you are not using Online Registration
A parent or guardian MUST attend one of these registration dates. It is not necessary for the player to attend. There will be NO DROP-OFF OR MAIL-IN REGISTRATION!
WHAT TO BRING
NO APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED IF ALL OF THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE NOT SUBMITTED AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION:
1. COPY of player’s BIRTH CERTIFICATE or PASSPORT (we will keep this copy). This copy must be the official recorded document. Hospital and Baptismal certificates ARE NOT acceptable. Birth certificate not required for coaches. Only returning players within the past three years may forego submitting a birth certificate. However, one may be requested later if the Registrar cannot verify the information.
2. Current PHOTO to be used for player passes. PHOTO HEADSHOT MUST BE APPROXIMATELY 1 inch x 1.5 inches! Larger photos, Polaroid, poor quality printed, or any previously laminated pictures will be rejected. The player must NOT be wearing any type of hat, scarf or sunglasses. Only players in our U10 and younger groups may forgo submitting a picture.
3. FEES: Fees for recreational players include: Registration, uniform shirt, shorts and socks, trophy and picture package. Any registration completed after June 9th will be assessed a $20 late fee. Also, a $40.00 refundable Volunteer Participation Fee will be collected from each family. Persons submitting a coach’s application at the time of registration are exempt from this volunteer fee. See our web page for further details and volunteer opportunities.
Fees for Santa Clara Residents
All Other Players
Volunteer Fee Per Family
Under 5 & 6
Under 7 & up
Refer to the Age Group Chart if you are unsure which age group to register your child.
New Player Registration Requirement
If your son/daughter is Under 12 and registering to play in the Santa Clara Youth Soccer League or for a Santa Clara Sporting Team for the first time, you are required to upload a copy of your child's birth certificate to complete registration.
Save $40 and Volunteer in the League
The league is looking for some volunteers to work at the Walk-Up Registration Events. By working just one of the 4-hour shifts your $40 Volunteer Participation Program (VPP) fee will be waived. If you are interested or would like to forward this to any friends please let me know. Volunteers are needed to arrive 45 minutes prior for training, and 15 minutes after for stragglers and to help clean-up. Let me know which date works for you if you plan to volunteer.
SCYSL Registrar email@example.com